At Abbott, we are enthusiastic, energetic and committed to doing great work every day. Our employees are passionate about helping to translate science into lasting contributions to health care and the health of people worldwide. At the heart of our organization is our “Promise for Life”—a statement that embodies our company's commitment to employees, shareholders, local communities and the people who depend on our company and products to live healthier lives. Vital to our promise is the speed in which we ac
B. Pharm, M. Pharm, BSC MSC Jobs as Medical Representative in Abbott
At Abbott, we are enthusiastic, energetic and committed to doing great work every day. Our employees are passionate about helping to translate science into lasting contributions to health care and the health of people worldwide. At the heart of our organization is our “Promise for Life”—a statement that embodies our company's commitment to employees, shareholders, local communities and the people who depend on our company and products to live healthier lives. Vital to our promise is the speed in which we act, respond and deliver. As Abbott employees, we are ready to meet change and challenges head-on. As a result, we are a company that adapts quickly, and through our passion for innovation we are able to continually create a pipeline of products that help improve the length and quality of life around the world.
We are proud of our rich, more than 125-year history. We continue to be driven to advance leading-edge science and technologies, support diversity, focus on exceptional performance and earn the trust of those we serve
Qualification: B.Pharm, B.Sc
Location: Tamil Nadu-Chennai
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: Sales
End Date: 30th September, 2015
The BM Gen Care – Gen Care Team of Area Business Managers to achieve and exceed value and volume sales and 3D (Detailing, Demand Generation, and Distribution) objectives for the healthcare brands within budget, time and policy parameters. The role achieves its deliverables by:
1) Establishing appropriate processes and reporting systems to manage the team and
2) Seeking and securing support of Gen Care Team.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
Overall Sales responsibility of the region
- Achieve month wise sales objectives of the region for entire Gen Care product range under Gen Care Team Scope
- Achieve 3D (Detailing, Demand generation and Deliverables) business objectives
- Achieve New Product Business Plan through Innovative Sales Management.
- Plan and initiate timely recruitment of all Personnel in the regions ensuring complete manning
- Ensure that all new people who join the region are inducted and trained (on areas of scientific, product knowledge and detailing practice) well, and as per a pre defined system
- Conduct and lead the communication meeting and ensure that the entire communication flows down appropriately right till all the TBM level in the region.
- Set objectives for and coach the Area Business Managers to ensure that they meet their objectives.
- Appraise periodically, the individual performance of direct Reportees against agreed standards of performance, identify areas for improvement and implement training plans.
- Study all the appraisals sent by Area Business Managers and implement a fair and objective performance management system.
- Prepare developmental plans for Area Business Managers’, and TBM’s) in consultation with HR and NSM, and ensure its implementation.
- Manage the aspirations of the entire Gen Care Team in line with the career progression policy of the company and ensure that the employee turnover of reporting sales team and outsourced team is within acceptable limits.
- Maintain open communication with entire team and succeed in building and maintaining enthusiasm and a positive attitude in all of them
- Carry out timely disciplinary measures and separation procedures as appropriate within the company guidelines.
Coverage of Doctors and Pharmacies and Conversion Targets
- Define an overall Coverage Strategy for each of the Region and communicate it down the line.
- Study, approve and ensure implementation of systematic and cost effective coverage of Dr’s and Nursing homes as per targets.
- Develop a strategy for New Product sales and drive business as per targets
- Set, monitor and ensure achievement of brand wise and area wise distribution targets for outlets under direct coverage and also analyse Town wise Growth .
- Study IMS /SMSRC audit data on trends in number of Prescriptions and Precribers per Area for company and competitive brands and use the same for
- Lead development of innovative plans / programs in consultations with Marketing / Trade Marketing / NSM’s and in feedback from GPM’s .
- Build Strategies for Specialty wise Business development in consultation with NSM and Marketing and ensure effective implementation of the same for Business Objectives.
Liasioning with Trade Team Sales Set-up
- Personal Order Booking System to be followed up and Increased.
Reporting and Administration
- Maintain contact with NSM, discuss issues, follow instructions and report implementation levels.
- Monitor results obtained on a regular basis. Determine deviations from plans, if any, and institute corrective actions as necessary. Report to NSM of any major deviations and suggest corrective measures.
- Study, analyze, verify, approve of and control all regional and territory reports.
- Study, analyse, verify and approve travel plans and expenses of Area Business Manager’s.
- Plan and undertake travel to meet all contact norms, monitor contacts made by managers with Stockists and KOL’s.
- Highlight any special achievement Area Business Managers, Medical reps and TBM’s.
- Maintain and update periodically the Stockists and Pharmacy lists with coverage plans and keep the database for the Detailing set-up available with all stakeholders
- Ensure that all local statutory requirements are complied with fully in all promotions and programs
The role holder plans and initiates timely recruitment of all Personnel in the region ensuring complete staffing. S/he also manages the aspirations of the entire regional team in line with the career progression policy of the company and ensures that the employee turnover of the regional team is within acceptable limits. The challenge is to study, analyze, verify, all reports in the Region; and build a strategy long term and short term based on the data collated and implement it to the lowest level in the hierarchy till TBM’s. All in All the Key challenge is to maintain the Acceleration process of Abbott in his area and also bring fresh idea(s) so far as New Product Growth is concerned.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing and customers and internal teams
- Highly motivating and encouraging as a guide
- Team working spirit and excellent communication skills
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Sound commercial understanding of business issues and opportunities
- Clear understanding of sales and marketing strategy and planning issues
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation
- Basic grasp of regulatory, legal compliance.
APPLY THROUGH RECRUITERS PORTAL>>