ICON is a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. We specialize in the strategic development, management and analysis of programs that support Clinical Development – from compound selection to Phase I - IV clinical studiesICON enjoys a strong reputation for quality and is focused on staff development. We make it our mission to attract the most diverse and creative minds into the business and we continually strive to provide oppor
Career for Clinical Data Lead in Icon Clinical Research
ICON is a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. We specialize in the strategic development, management and analysis of programs that support Clinical Development – from compound selection to Phase I - IV clinical studies
ICON enjoys a strong reputation for quality and is focused on staff development. We make it our mission to attract the most diverse and creative minds into the business and we continually strive to provide opportunities for our people to excel, grow and build a great career. We understand that our greatest asset is the skills and talents of our people and they are truly what set us apart.
Post: Clinical Data Lead - 003587
* Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centers around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance
• As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs
• Travel approximately 10% domestic/international
• Read, ensure understanding and adhere to all assigned ICON SOPs and working procedures
• Ensure all work performed is of high quality, compliant with Good Clinical Practice, ICH Guidelines and all applicable laws and regulations
• Complete all assigned training (including the Study Lead Development Program) and courses in the ICON Training Management system (iLearn); ensuring that mandatory courses are all completed before the designated date and that the required system specific training has been completed for current studies
• Record all billable and non-billable time in the appropriate timesheet management system
• Take part in study kick off (internal and external) meeting along with the DMPM Read & Ensure to the study protocol contract and scope of work for all task during set-up, maintenance and close-out of the study
• Review all activity on an ongoing basis to identify out of scope tasks and bring to the attention of the DMPM and Contract analyst
• Assist in compiling the change order log for review by the DMPM
• Develop an understanding of the revenue recognition and revenue forecasting process
• Assist the DMPM with revenue recognition and revenue forecasting process on a monthly basis
• Lead the development of specifications, implementation, and testing for the eCRF or paper CRF
• Lead the development of specifications, implementation, and testing for the edit checks and data review and oversight listings (DVS)
• Lead development of the data management plan and study specific procedures
• Ensure effective implementation of standard metric and status reporting on the study
• Lead development of specifications for custom reporting on the study
• Perform project planning tasks and support the DMPM in the development of the project plan and timelines* Set up and maintain data management study files for inclusion in the Trial Master File, ensuring these are maintained in an audit ready state for review by Sponsor, Regulatory or ICON Auditors
• Adhere to ICON SOPs, the Data Management Plan and study specific procedures in the implementation of tasks on the study
• Adhere to the project plan and timelines in the implementation of study tasks during set-up, maintenance and close-out of the study
• Key point of contact for the sponsor and the study team on day to day study data issues, eCRF design, edit checks, and other implemented components
• Organize and lead regular data management team meetings, both internal and with the sponsor and the DMPM
• Attend and provide an update for data management services at cross-functional study team meeting both internally and with the sponsor and the DMPM
• Maintain and track meeting minutes, issues and decisions logs, and escalations
• Support the DMPM in negotiation of time lines and decision making on the study
• Provide regular study status update to the DMPM
• Support the DMPM in the delivery of study specific training to all team members, ensuring that the training is documented and the documentation filed in the Data Management Study files
• Assess the training needs of study team members on an ongoing basis
• Provide refresher training to team members as required
• Provide feedback to the DMPM on issues with study team member performance
• Support the DMPM in the delivery of training to cross-functional study team members both internal and external (e.g. training in the study specific electronic CRF for Monitors or Site staff at the investigatory meeting)
• Delegate data review, data reconciliation and query management tasks to assigned clinical data coordinators both local and in remote offices
• Review and ensure the quality of work completed by clinical data coordinators who have been delegated activity
• Review the activity and progress of team members who have been delegated activity
• Bring issues of concern to the attention of the DMPM, including those related to quality, productivity, performance and staff well being Act as mentor to all junior staff levels
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• US/LATAM/CAN: A minimum of 3 years clinical data management experience.
• EU/APAC: Prior relevant clinical research industry experience.
• Experience of at least one of ICON preferred CDMS (Rave, Inform, Oracle Clincal, OCRDC)
• Highly computer literate, including strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written skills
• Strong client relationship management skills, and the aptitude to develop this further
• Excellent organizational and planning skills as well as a demonstrated aptitude for project management, and the ability to lead more than one project and prioritize accordingly
Bachelor's degree or local equivalent in a scientific discipline and/or appropriate experience
Benefits of Working in ICON
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package that includes an excellent pension scheme, private health care, life assurance and staff recognition schemes. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
Following your application you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters and if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Additional Information:APPLY THROUGH RECRUITERS PORTAL
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: CR
End Date: 28th April, 2013