They don’t call them “Big Pharma” for nothing! Several of the industry’s biggest players decided to get bigger via M&A this year, which means next year’s ranks are going to feature at least three new players, once Wyeth and Schering-Plough are swallowed up and Roche moves over to the Top Biopharma ranks. And I do mean top!
Top 20 Pharmaceutical Companies Report - 2009
They don’t call them “Big Pharma” for nothing! Several of the industry’s biggest players decided to get bigger via M&A this year, which means next year’s ranks are going to feature at least three new players, once Wyeth and Schering-Plough are swallowed up and Roche moves over to the Top Biopharma ranks. And I do mean top
It’s a good thing my “Pharm System” has a whole crop of new companies to move into the ranks — you're on deck, Gilead! — but how will all these mergers and consolidations affect contract service providers? Columnist Michael Martorelli has some thoughts on the subject in this issue, but pharma companies remain quiet about how they’ll reconcile their internal mega-networks with their outsourcing strategies. So stay tuned . . .
|Top 20 Pharmaceutical Companies|
|07||Johnson & Johnson||$24,567|
|09||Eli Lilly & Co.||$19,285|
1 Pfizer : $44,174
Welcome To Pfizer CentreSource
Pfizer CentreSource (PCS) is a leading supplier of steroid products and a pharmaceutical contract manufacturer that offers a range of GMP compliant outsourcing services to meet your pharmaceutical production requirements. A part of Pfizer Global Supply (PGS), PCS provides steroid APIs and antibiotics; manufacturing and packaging of finished dosage forms; product development, process development, and advanced manufacturing for high potency oral solid drug product; and therapeutic bioprocessing development and manufacturing.
PCS has its genesis in the expertise of several major pharmaceutical companies going back to the 1940s and the first large scale, cost-effective, synthetic route for corticosteroids; and even further back in history with corticosteroids and hormonal steroids for a wide range of therapeutic areas. Our expertise in contract manufacturing and bioprocessing is based on the experience and infrastructure of many Pfizer facilities around the world. We are a business with deep historical roots, and an infrastructure that is clearly 21st century.
Human Talent & Advanced Infrastructure
PCS customers outsource with confidence while reaping the benefits of Pfizer's world-class capabilities in fine chemicals and contract manufacturing.
As part of a global pharmaceutical firm, we understand your unique business challenges. Our customers can leverage Pfizer's proven infrastructure and expertise in manufacturing, quality, and operational excellence – with the flexibility and agility benefits that come from working with a smaller core team of sourcing and outsourcing experts.
Pfizer CentreSource services include:
- Bioprocessing Services
- Blow/Fill/Seal Services
- High Containment Services
- Cytosafe® Packaging
- Steroid APIs and Intermediates
The pursuit of innovation is basic to Pfizer's culture. It shapes our strategy, defines our purpose, and governs every facet of our operations -- from research and development (R&D) that leads to pharmaceutical inventions, to the transfer of knowledge to patients and providers, to the way we respond to the changing marketplace.
Pfizer scientists have produced innovative breakthroughs in a wide range of research areas, including depression, erectile dysfunction, high cholesterol, HIV infection, hypertension, bacterial infections and systemic fungal infections. And today we're taking on some of the world's most difficult diseases, including cancer, arthritis, and osteoporosis.
Pfizer in India
- Pfizer Limited (India) has a turnover of US$ 184.96 million (March 2012)
- One of the highest spenders in pharmaceutical R&D globally, Pfizer has made clinical research investments of US$ 1.18 million (March 2012) in India
- The company was awarded the FICCI SEDF (Socio Economic Development Foundation) Certificate of Commendation for its social responsibility efforts
- Pfizer has won several awards including that for the multinational pharmaceutical company of the year and the most respected MNC
About our products
- Six Pfizer brands feature among the Top 100 pharmaceutical brands in India
- Two of Pfizer India's brands -- Corex (Cough Formulation) and Becosules (Multivitamin) -- continue to rank among the Top 15 pharmaceutical drug brands
- Pfizer has won the Golden Peacock Innovative Product for Magnex (Sulperazon)
- Becosules has won the Most Trusted Brand Award
Going beyond medicines
- In India, Pfizer instituted the first ever Disease Management Programme -- Healthy Heart™ in Cardio Vascular Disease (Hypertension, Chronic Stable Angina and Dyslipidemia), in partnership with Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad and Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- We offer Patient Assistance Programmes for Glaucoma, Breast Cancer and Neuropathic Pain
- We partner with physician associations to develop recommendations / guidelines of managing specific diseases
Location & People
- Headquartered in Mumbai
- Over 3,000 colleagues
- State-of-the-art manufacturing facility at Thane, Maharashtra
- Formed the Academy of Clinical Excellence (ACE) in collaboration with Bombay College of Pharmacy to provide professional training to investigators and other clinical research personnel
- We have also partnered with other pharmaceutical companies, contract research organisations and investigators to establish the Indian Society for Clinical Research (ISCR), a professional society aimed at raising the standards of clinical research
- Pfizer Education and Research League (PEARL) is a new initiative in which Pfizer seeks to partner with institutes to improve existing clinical research and continuing medical educational capabilities