The duties and responsibilities of a hospital pharmacist are given below:
1. Compounding & dispensing for indoor & outdoor patient department.
2. Manufacture of pharmaceutical. Ex:- Tablet, Capsule, Ointment etc.
3. Preparation & sterilization of inject able medicine.
4. Filling & labeling of medical containers.
5. Proper dispensing of narcotic medicine.
6. Proper maintenance of records of narcotic medicine.
7. Maintains of sufficient stock of antidote for poisoning & emergency medicine.
8. Checking of the quality of the sources of purchase of all medicine, chemicals antibiotics, biological products & other pharmaceutical preparation.
9. Detailing about medicine to physicians, internees & nurses etc.
10. Maintainers of proper system of all records.
11. Keeping controls over requisition & dispensing of all medicine.
12. Planning & executing the pharmacy & therapeutic committee.
13. Cooperating in the teaching program.
14. Implementation of decision of pharmacy & therapeutic committee.
15. Preparation of periodic report, annual report & budget etc.
16. Purchase, management of budgetary matters as inventory & control f receipt supply & store.