The departmental functions of a hospital pharmacy are as follows –
1. Preparing compounding & dispensing of medicine to the outdoor & indoor patient.
2. Filling & labeling of medical containers.
3. Proper dispensing of narcotic medicine.
4. To keep ready stock of antidote for poisoning & emergency medicine.
5. Preparation & sterilization of inject able medicine.
6. Maintainers of proper system of all records.
7. Procurement & purchasing of good quality medicine & others.
8. Storage & preservation of medicine including biological products.
9. Preparation of periodic report, annual report & budget etc.
10. Cooperating in the teaching program.
11. To prepare inventory report & over all mange the pharmacy activity.