SYLLABUS FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF DRUGS INSPECTOR.
PLAN OF DRUG INSPECTOR EXAM
1. The written examination will consist of two papers with 250 marks.
|No. of objective|
|Duration of the|
|Paper-II||General Knowledge||50||50||1 Hour|
2. (i) All question papers will be set in English and the same should be answered in English only.
(ii) The candidates are not allowed to bring calculators or any other electronic devices to the examination hall/examination campus for use.
(iii) Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises of the Examination Centre and Office of the Commission.
Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examination.
3. There will be negative marking for wrong answers.SYLLABUS FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF DRUGS INSPECTOR.PAPER-I PHARMACY
There should be 8 units containing the following :Unit-1- FORENSIC PHARMACY
1. Drugs and Cosmetic Act, 1940 and Rules thereunder, 1945 with amendments.
2. Pharmacy Act, 1948.
3. Drug Price Control Order, 1995.
4. Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971.
5. Poison Act, 1919 and Dangerous Drugs Act, 1930.
6. Drugs and Magic Remedy Act, 1954.
7. Medical and Toilet Preparation Act, 1955.
8. Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act.
9. Trademark Registration Act.
10. Pharmaceutical Ethics.Unit-2- MANUFACTURING PHARMACY
1. Tablet and Tablet coating.
3. Emulsion, Suspension, Ointment and Cream.
4. Ophthalmic Solutions.
5. Blood Fluid and Electrolytes.
6. Parenteral preparation and Quality Control.
7. Surgical Dressing.
8. Biological preparation … (Sera, Vaccine and Anti-Sera)
9. Biopharmaceutics.Unit-3- PHARMACEUTICAL ANALYSIS
1. Limit Test.
3. Sterility Test.
4. Pyrogen Test.
5. Theory & Application of Colorimeter, Florimeter, Nephlometer and Turbidometer, U.V.Visilile Spectrophotometer.
6. Kerl Fischer Titration.
7. Alcohol determination.
8. Microbiological Assay of Vitamins, Antibiotics and Vaccine Preparation.Unit-4- MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
Structure, Storage, Preparation & Brand names of the Following Classes (Definition, Classification etc.) :
2. Sedatives and Hypnotics.
3. Psycho-therapeutic Agents.
4. Antihistaminic Agents.
5. Analgesics (narcotic, non-narcotic and NSAID)
6. Cardiovascular Agents.Unit-5 -PHARMACOGNOSY
Source, Chemical constituents, uses and adulteration of the following classes of natural drugs, Rauwolfia, Ipecacuahna, Belladona, Cinchona, Cinnamon, Digitalis, Senna, Aloe, Noxvomica, Opium, Kurchi, Brahmi, Tulsi, Bael and Ephedra.Unit-6- PHARMACOLOGY & TOXICOLOGY
Introduction and General Principle-
Mode of action, Drug receptor interaction, Drug, antagonist, Absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of drugs, Routes of administration, Bioavailability, Drug dependence and addiction, Drug abuse and toxicity, Adverse drug reaction, Drug allergy, Biostatistics.Unit-7- HOSPITAL & CLINICAL PHARMACY
Handling of prescription, Incompatibility, Storage conditions of drugs, Clinical
Pharmacy and its role in Hospital.Unit-8 - ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY & HEALTH EDUCATION
1. Elementary knowledge of following systems :-
Blood, Digestive system, Respiratory system, Eye, Ear, Reproductive system and
2. Nutrition, First aid, Population Control, Aids Control.PAPER-II (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE ) :
The paper in General Knowledge will
include knowledge of current events and matters as of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects of life as may be expected of an educated person. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of such standard which the candidates should be able to answer without special study.